Sunday, January 30, 2011

21st Century Digital World!

This is information age…a magical device and an invisible network…Wow, such technology! My inspiration to write this one is a message I received on Facebook. The message was one from my immediate neighbour and childhood friend asking me my whereabouts. He is into “Mass communications and media” studies and hops in between Patna & Delhi off and on. My case was also the same. Also as both of us were quite busy (me with my exam preparations & he with his project assignments) with our routine, hence we hardly get time to see each other. It was then that I received his message one day on Facebook. It said, “hi minty! Where r u? Patna or Delhi?” I answered, “Hi mate. M in Patna yaar! Where r u?”
I must admit here that it takes only a minute’s walk for me and for that matter him to reach my home. Haah... but we have technology to assist us. Why bother troubling our legs! This is information age and we are armed with “Berretta” and “Kalashnikov’s” of the information age. We can reach out to friends in the UK with a “wand” or one in the financial capital with a “Love potion”. And yet may be unaware of the real world companions!! This new world is full of entertainment & magic too. Ever imagined what a wonderful thing a computer is?? Nobody knows it completely, like it is a magical mystery only the great Albus Dumbledore could unfold. Here you can turn someone white or black, grow moustaches, repair broken glasses, fly on a broom, move to hell, kill the bloody aliens and return back to base…do I sound crazy?? No….haven’t you ever heard of the famous magician “Maya” or her Half-blood prince brother “Photoshop”?? they can do all those stuff with the flick of a wand (mouse) and a few incantations (codes). Hey I am talking about the information age. Its magic!!
This is not funny. Don’t make jokes about Facebook being a marriage breaker or something…sab bakwaas!! Like our Grandma used to say, “Beta everything has a side effect”. So does our Facebook. And grandma knows it all. You keep your mobile phone in your pant pockets (beta that can make you impotent); in your chest pocket (Beta your heart may stop beating). Huh…finally I figured it out. Keep it tagged on your belt. Oooopsss, the real world villains may hunt it down. Bloody hell…!!
Then again there is the magic wired to the ear – rock n roll (Beta your beta’s will grow dumb. Think of the future). O my god, do I have any space in this “21st century digital world”? They say it is huge and yet a small village! But our population is booming man and this is no bubble. Why on earth do we need to cripple down to a small village. I need space. I need the real trees, parks, friends, broken but original glasses and yes I don’t want those reminders from dadi maa 

DISCLAIMER: All the characters in this note are fictitious created by incantations and a wand made by the famous wand maker the “Microsoft” at the Diagon alley. The views expressed by the author are personnel and restricted to Hogwarts jurisdiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment