Thursday, February 2, 2012

In my dreams...

Having seen people & places as they are, I have my own conclusions about them. But wouldn’t it be strange if I begin this note with the conclusion as if the day is about to end the very next moment and I am searching for a tiny spec of light to complete this note abruptly. No. I think I have the luxury of a free man, having all the time in this wonderful setting. I am sitting in the garden on a comfortable chair with my legs stretched long under the baking sun above. It is pleasantly windy; certainly to the liking of the dancing plants around. The little sparrows on my left are also at may; jumping and feeding on the leftovers of the biscuits I threw to them. So you see, the setting is all fine and perfect for an engrossing tale to be told and finally its conclusion. Now, I was talking about people and places. As they are, they are all very different from each other. But writing about all of them would make me sleep here and I am afraid that if I do fall asleep I could be late for the lunch which my mother would not appreciate. So I have decided that I will limit my conclusion and the story about ‘her’. Ahh.. the mention of ‘her’ would have certainly charged you all up. But the problem is that I can’t make up my mind if she is real or a dream. When I first saw her, I didn’t even notice her. Amazing it is! But that’s how it goes. She is amazingly beautiful; full of charm, energy and elegance and extraordinarily brilliant. A person with charisma written all over her and yet I don’t know if it’s all real. She is always smiling and beaming at you whenever you meet her or even when you see her still in an image. Yet I don’t know if it’s all real. She’ll always caress you with a naughty pinch followed by the ever so lovely smile. Yet I don’t know if it’s all real. But how come I am always so unsure about the her when she is certainly what I described her. In spite of all her beauty, glow and charm, what bothers me is the likelihood of it all being a dream. What if it’s a mirrored image? Something which is always at a distance; something you cannot touch or feel! A little stir on its surface and the image could change so quickly; like an oasis in the middle of the desert. And as if someone was reading my mind all this while from the beginning, things have changed here all of a sudden. With the tick of a second, suddenly there is a cloud cover blanketing the sun; making the breeze stall to a stand-still and the plants too waiting in anticipation. The sparrows have also left having finished their bits and pieces and sensing no further offers from me. May be its time for me to leave as well, for my mom would not like a delay. But yet I am not finished. Where is my conclusion? The sudden change in the weather has left me in the lurch wondering about her. Is she…. ?


P.S: And then i woke up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment