Monday, May 28, 2012

Why call yourself successful!


On a Friday morning over breakfast my roomy turned emotional and started recounting his days in school. Although consumed by the exhaustion of his demanding professional life, he still missed his salad days and often pondered about his friends who had somehow lost in the oblivion. He wondered, “What went wrong! Why did success have to come at such a dear price”? Alas, he was right. Success often demands a levy!
But he wasn’t speaking now, until suddenly he took me totally by surprise. He envied me! He had a high regard for my punctuality & my sense of responsibility. He said he would remember me for that! Although it was not a big deal but yes admiration does make you feel special even in the gloomiest of times. Like any other thing I stuck to his comment and wondered if all my friends thought so! Or was I only good enough to be remembered as a good old “responsible” friend?
Unlike most of the people I have met I find myself quite fortunate to be under the embrace of a gazillion friends who I consider very special at heart. Even with all of them busy shaping their carrier, they still find time to relocate me from the pit hole I am currently in. It is such friends that make you realise that success is nowhere to be achieved nor does it come at a price. It lies within us! Where can the true happiness & sweet joy be attained than now when you have the leisure to cherish the old & relive your life? Every one we meet brings in a different piece of music to our lives. I may be a working class hero to some and a simple bun for the rest. But the only thing that matters the most is that I should be a reason to make them smile when they think of me as all of them do when I think of them. Thus, the bond is fastened forever!    

No comments:

Post a Comment